Summer’s here! Time to take another look at my backlog.
The heat’s rising… a sure sign that summer’s officially here. Usually that means big game releases will slow to a crawl; giving us some much-needed time to do some catch up.
Looking at my backlog, it’s not as bad as all that… but it could be a little better. And by a little… I mean a lot 😛
Things might start to slow down for me work-wise, which will give me some time to not only to catch up on some games, but anime (oh LORD, my CrunchyRoll queue is growing!), and a lot of reading. Oh, and other miscellaneous things that I might’ve let fall by the waste side.
Summer always seemed like an RPG season (rented a lot of them during summer break when I was a wee Minee), so I’d like to get a handle on some outstanding games off my list:
- Xenoblade Chronicles (I’m gonna start this over, since I can’t remember where I was story-wise for the life of me).
- The Last Story
- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
- Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
If I manage to get a hold of the 64GB Memory Card for my PS Vita, then I’ll add:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent 2
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
If, through some modern-day miracle, I get through all of these games before summer’s end, I’ll throw in:
- Final Fantasy XII (over 200 hours in and I STILL haven’t finished this beast. Also, like with Xenoblade Chronicles, will most likely start over and play up to where I was just to refresh my memory)
- Pandora’s Tower
- Probably throw in other portable games just for kicks and giggles
As for books, as I said on Twitter a while back, I went on a downloading frenzy; nabbing as many free books off Amazon as I could. Been loving reading them on my laptop, and I’m always open to some suggestions. I recently purchased all the Harry Potter books for Kindle… in Japanese. Only problem is that I can’t read ’em on PC; they’re only available for actual Kindles, Android and iOS devices. Guess I’m gonna have to invest in a Kindle!
One last thing: I’ve sign up once again to do Extra Life, the yearly 24-hour game-a-thon where gamers all around the world play their fave games, with the funds they raise going to help their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. It is my great pleasure and honour to once again play for the wonderful folks at Opération Enfant Soleil.
The action happens October 25th, so it’s still a ways away. Still, no time like the present to start giving. If you do find it in your heart to donate (and I hope you do!), remember that Opération Enfant Soleil will send you your tax receipt early next year.
Guess that’s all for me. How ’bout you guys? Are there any games that you’re planning to get through during your Summer of Game? Let me know in the Comments Section!
Photo credit: istockphoto/JustinRWard